How I Review Games
Before writing a full review for a game I will try to play it at least 3 times and at different player counts where possible.
I will always give my honest opinion on games and products regardless of whether I bought them myself or they were given to me.
Each game is broken down into 4 sections:
- Aesthetics & Components
- Rules & Teaching
These four sections are given a score out of 10, producing an overall score out of 40. This is then divided by 4 to produce an average score out of 10.
- Awful – defies game description
- Very bad – won’t play ever again
- Bad – likely won’t play this again
- Not so good – but could play again
- Average – slightly boring, take it or leave it
- Ok – will play if in the mood
- Good – usually willing to play
- Very good – enjoy playing and would suggest it
- Excellent – always enjoy playing it
- Outstanding – will always enjoy playing and expect this will never change
I occasionally accept review copies or products free of charge in exchange for my open and honest review. These posts will include a disclaimer, such as:
Disclaimer: This game was provided by the publisher, but my reviews are always 100% honest and all photos and opinions are my own!
If you would like me to review your game/product, please get in touch via email.
I do not accept prototype games or print & plays for reviews. Professional quality prototypes are accepted for previews, on a case by case basis.
This website uses affiliate links from time to time, if affiliate links are included in an article or review, these posts will include a disclaimer, such as:
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Read my policies here.
The affiliate system used currently is Amazon.co.uk. I only use affiliate links for games I personally recommend but you are of course welcome to not use them.
Instagram/Social Media Policy
- Previews will use my own photos and have a written overview in my own words.
- I am selective about which games I choose to promote on my account.
- I will play the game before posting about it.
- I will not give much of an opinion, if any, just an overview.
- Any opinions given will be my own honest opinion as always.
- Due to regulations, all paid promotion or sponsorship on Instagram will be declared with the hashtag ‘ad’.
I have a range of promotional packages available for published games as well as Kickstarter campaigns. These include Instagram promotion, hosted giveaways and Kickstarter previews.
Please complete the form below to request a copy of my promotional rates via email.